Sunday, November 21, 2021

Hades Facial Rig Reel

Hades Facial Rig Reel

UPDATED RIG REEL
Hades is my first facial rig I have ever worked on.  I created him while I was in the tech art specialization at FIEA.  When I began to work on him I was extremely excited because I didn't know a lot about facial rigging.  The small amount of facial rigging I did do was in undergrad when I rigged parts of Lucy's face and a small assignment where we rigged a smile and frown on a character named Victor.  When choosing a character to facial rig, I actually asked an alumni named Ky Campbell if I could rig one of the characters they modeled and so I got to rig Hades.  You may have seen Hades if you are familiar with FIEA's capstone projects as he is one of the characters from a capstone game called Kore by Penguin Void Productions.  The rig I created for him is a joint based styled facial rig so all of this controllers except for two are manipulating joints in his face.  Two of his facial shapes are created from blendshapes which gives the animator a squash and stretch controller.  Overall he has 70+ controllers and tweakers.  In my demo reel I can't show them all but I show a few of the controllers that have bigger movements.  Because Hades is king of the underworld, I decided to be fun with the music I put to his reel.  I choose the instrumental to Highway to Hell from AC/DC.  Overall, I learned so much from rigging Hades.  Rigging a joint based facial rig has made me very excited for creating other styles of facial rigs and continuing to grow this skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scaling Your Controllers when they are Connected

 Sometimes when you are working on a rig, you may need to go back and adjust your controllers size a little bit.  This is possible without b...