Sunday, July 10, 2022

Kiss and Make Up Dance Pass 5


Kiss and Make Up Blocked Animation Pass 5

Autodesk Maya 2022 Arnold Renderer Single Frame Render Test

For this pass I focused on just blocking the hands of the character.  While I still have a long way to go with this animation I have come to learn just how details in the hands can really give some personality to a character.  As I was studying the dancer from my reference I was noticing that he does a lot of pointing, spider-man finger pose, and the okay hand pose.  I personally found this detail about the dancer to be very interesting and how quickly his hands actually are able to change poses so quickly in some spots.  Definitely the most difficult part for me to get right is when his hands are on his hips or thighs.  Zio is a very thin character and I've come to find that his hands are larger than you think so his hands cover his thighs.  I think that part of the dance where he does have his hands on his thighs or on his hips is an area that I definitely will need to spend more time on.  Some of the problems I ran into while blocking his hands is that sometimes his fingers would break where the geometry would crumble inwards and I found several ways to fix this issue, the most effective way being to either set all his value to 0 or rotating his fingers completely around and seeing the geometry return to normal and then zeroing out the values.  I also fixed the issue where the character was very shiny when doing a single frame render test with Arnold.  I fixed this by adjusting his materials in the hypershade.  The next big thing I will be working on this animation is his arms and taking a look at how his hair is moving.  For anyone who doesn't know the Zio Rig is by Hernan Ares.  My choreography reference is from 1MILLION Dance Studio starting at 1:58.  The song is called Kiss and Make Up by Black Pink and Dua Lipa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scaling Your Controllers when they are Connected

 Sometimes when you are working on a rig, you may need to go back and adjust your controllers size a little bit.  This is possible without b...