Monday, October 11, 2021

Maya and userSetup Codes Part 1

 If you're familiar with userSetup codes in maya then you understand just how powerful they really are.  It is a code that maya looks for every time it opens and updates any changes to any tools you created for working in Maya.  It also doesn't disappear every time you reset your maya preferences.  I created a userSetup code that loads in my rigging controller generator tool on both a shelf and on a menu that I can select.  I need to update that tool.  But anyways while starting my new facial rigging class, I needed to create a new userSetup code for a tool to use in the class.  As you can guess, it confuses maya when there is two userSetup codes.  However, you can have two userSetup codes as long as the extension is different.  Currently I have two userSetup Codes for Maya 2022.  One is in python and the other is MEL.  I still need to learn my C++ basics but it might be possible to even have three userSetup codes if you can create one using C++.  Personally I would have only one but that will be done at a later time.  

Maya with Two UserSetUp Codes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scaling Your Controllers when they are Connected

 Sometimes when you are working on a rig, you may need to go back and adjust your controllers size a little bit.  This is possible without b...